Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Welcome to Gagdetbd: The Blog about Gadgets in Bangladesh

I hope that it will be the last blog, I ever open. I have opened a number of blogs in the last 4 years and some of them became successful while others did not click. Sometimes, I just opened some blogs for fun or doing some test. Thanks to Google and WordPress it is free and a lot of fun too.
Anyway, this will be a blog about Gadgets in Bangladesh. In other words, I will try to cover news, views, and events about ICT or Information Technology (IT) sector of Bangladesh. So, I hope to update regularly. Sometimes, some of the posts will be in Bangla as I feel that most of the readers will come from Bangladesh and they will understand Bangla entries. Well, I will try to give a summary of the entry in English first. This way, I think that it will be a good thing to do.
I have been writing about IT sector of Bangladesh since 1999 and thus, I have 10 years of experience in this field. It is exactly one decade. At first, I started writing for Computer Tomorrow. Then, I wrote for Computer Bishwo (closed in 2002), Computer Barta, E-biz, Computer Jagat and Computer Bichitra. I also wrote about ICT sector of Bangladesh in Weekly Dhaka Courier in 2000.
In the last 10 years, I wrote numerous cover stories, features, reports, translations and did a lot of interviews. I also worked for Bangladesh Computer Samity (BCS) in 2004 and 2005. I was their media support person in BCS Computer Show 2004 and 2005. I also did media support for Internet Service Providers of Bangladesh in Internet Fair 2005.  I also got admitted in M Phil of Dhaka University in 2001 and the topic of my research was “The Role of English Language in Information Technology Sector of Bangladesh”. Unfortunately, I could not do it because of some personal problems.
So, here is the blog for you and I hope that you will like it.  

No comments:

Post a Comment